Answered Prayers
This morning we sang a song here in Buffalo that says, "You are faithful, God! You are faithful!" And though His faithfulness is steadfast even when we don't see the answers we want, I am thankful to be able to share this morning that God is faithful and He has been kind enough to answer some of our recent prayers with a "Yes!"
I finally asked those of you reading this blog to pray for Dad to poop a couple of days ago. Starting about 36 hours ago, he has finally begun to do that again! In the past 24 hours he has begun to urinate on his own as well. We're thanking God for restoring some basic body functions.
Yesterday and Friday we were all pretty discouraged about Dad's mental state, and I shared about that here and asked for prayer. Last night, Dad was finally able to get some peaceful, restful sleep, and this morning he woke up alert and coherent. He worked with PT/OT this morning, and in addition to sitting up on the side of his bed he was able to do some leg lifts. We're praising God not only for His faithfulness to be with us through all the hard days so far, but also for His healing hand on my dad as he makes every little bit of progress.
The song I mentioned at the start of this post brought me to tears this morning just because of the imagery in the lyrics about standing and walking. But I trust that Jesus is with us now, before we're to the point of being able to say we're "Standing on [a] mountaintop" or that the battle is over. I look forward to the day when we can sing this all in the past tense and not just with the hope of its truth for the future. I've added it to my mental list of anthems for this journey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1bXG4WIesA "Never Once" by Matt Redman
I finally asked those of you reading this blog to pray for Dad to poop a couple of days ago. Starting about 36 hours ago, he has finally begun to do that again! In the past 24 hours he has begun to urinate on his own as well. We're thanking God for restoring some basic body functions.
Yesterday and Friday we were all pretty discouraged about Dad's mental state, and I shared about that here and asked for prayer. Last night, Dad was finally able to get some peaceful, restful sleep, and this morning he woke up alert and coherent. He worked with PT/OT this morning, and in addition to sitting up on the side of his bed he was able to do some leg lifts. We're praising God not only for His faithfulness to be with us through all the hard days so far, but also for His healing hand on my dad as he makes every little bit of progress.
The song I mentioned at the start of this post brought me to tears this morning just because of the imagery in the lyrics about standing and walking. But I trust that Jesus is with us now, before we're to the point of being able to say we're "Standing on [a] mountaintop" or that the battle is over. I look forward to the day when we can sing this all in the past tense and not just with the hope of its truth for the future. I've added it to my mental list of anthems for this journey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1bXG4WIesA "Never Once" by Matt Redman
Comments
Post a Comment