Arm Surgery

Dad will have surgery on his left arm sometime today. This is the arm that has a clot in it. I'm pretty sure this operation is not related to the clot itself. The clot is above his elbow (I think). An abscess has formed toward his wrist, but I think vascular said it isn't actually in the vein. They're going to do something with a vein in his arm to fix the abscess. I know that seems contradictory. I don't understand the procedure since I've only heard the info second- and third-hand. Hopefully I can clarify later. Pray that surgery is successful and no complications arise. Pray he gets some much needed rest while under anesthesia and that we're able to get back ahead of his pain as he comes out of anesthesia. He had a really rough weekend in terms of pain. We're all pretty worn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Year Ago—by Denise

Back to Work

Nine Months Later—by Denise